I love Trader Joes! Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways:
1. They are inexpensive
2. They carry a wide selection of healthy, organic and fresh foods
3. Their Trader Joes brand is high quality
4. They sell grass-fed beef and chicken with no antibiotics or hormones
10. Fiberful Ends and Pieces – These flavorful, sweet dried fruit strips are delicious and full of fiber. The perfect food to throw in your purse for a day full of errands.
9. Just a Handful – Cashews – Two words – Portion Control
8. Organic Sorrento Mix – You can’t beat $1.99 for a fresh, organic blend of fresh salad greens.
7. Trader Joe’s 0% Greek Yogurt – I use Greek Yogurt in everything! I use it instead of sour cream, I use it in place of oil in my baked goods, I eat it with berries, I use it in cooking. Yum! My favorite way to eat Greek Yogurt is by mixing in frozen blueberries and a drizzle of honey and then stirring until combined. It tastes like ice cream!
6. Almond Butter with Flaxseed – This is the best of both worlds. Healthy almond butter, rich with vitamin E, and flaxseeds full of lignans, which protect against breast and prostate cancer.
5. Pre-sliced mango – Have you ever tried to slice a mango? It is not easy because of the big pit in the middle of the fruit. Watch this video made by SparkPeople on how to slice a mango, it definitely made it easier, but it is still much easier to buy pre-sliced.
4. Chicken Eggrolls – My kids love having Chinese food night, but most commercially made egg rolls are full of fat, sugar and oil. Not the Trader Joes version! You can have one of these heathfully packed egg rolls for only 150 calories. Not bad!
3. Strawberry Keifer – My daughter is allergic to milk and I was getting concerned with her calcium intake until I found Trader Joes delicious strawberry keifer. My daughter loves it and it also makes a great substitute for butter and oil in baked goods.
2. Organic Free-Range Whole Chicken – I love that Trader Joes sells organic, free-range, antibiotic-free chicken. I feel better knowing that I’m not pumping my kids full of unnatural ingrediants. I usually roast the chicken on Sunday and serve half of the chicken on Sunday night. I make homemade chicken stock with the carcess and then add the leftover chicken, veggies and brown rice for a filling soup to eat for lunch for the remainder of the week.
1. Melange a Trois – This trifecta of red, yellow and green peppers makes eating veggies easy, delicious and fast! I add these frozen peppers to everything from my eggs in the morning to my chicken fajitas. Even my kids will eat them! The best part – no cutting or mess!
What is your favorite Trader Joes product? Would love to hear from you!